Department: Acute Rehabilitation Nursing
Hours Per Pay Period: 80
Shift Length: 8 hours
Days Off: Fixed
Contact: Lauren Cervantes
The Nurse Manager, under the direction of the Director and the Vice President of Nursing Services, is responsible for the twenty-four hour coordination and supervision of the daily operations of the unit. The Nurse Manager participates in program development and unit performance improvement. The Nurse Manager may provide direct patient care and education to patients, families, students, and nursing staff. The Nurse Manager is responsible for carrying out assignments in a manner to assure success in financial management, human resources management, leadership, quality and operational management objectives. The Nurse Manager consistently demonstrates the core values of Enloe Medical Center and serves as a role model to other employees.
The Nurse Manager:
* Participates in the development and management of department budgets and productivity targets.
* Manages human resources utilization, promotes employee satisfaction, supports staff development, and utilizes the progressive discipline process when appropriate.
* Leads employees, supports organizational goals and decisions, implements necessary changes, and participates in strategic planning for service needs and resource utilization.
* Maintains and promotes quality service and best practice.
* Participates in quality improvement processes and assures implementation of regulatory standards.
* Ensures service is provided considering the age-specific physiological, emotional, and cognitive needs of the patients served.
* Continually evaluates departmental function and the delivery of patient service.
* Keeps Director, VP of Nursing and administration informed regarding level of care/service being provided and level of patient, employee, and physician satisfaction.
* Acts as a liaison between the patient/family, physician and patient care team as necessary to problem solve.
* In conjunction with the Director & VP of Nursing, translates knowledge of professional and regulatory standards to policies, practices, and procedures and maintains for current changes.
* Researches interdepartmental problems/issues and takes corrective action in timely manner and promotes respectful responsive communication between departments to promote patient centered care.
* Supervises staff in service areas. Guides staff in the adherence to applicable standards of care / practice and/or departmental / organizational expectations.
* Acts as a resource to other departments for education and information in area of expertise.
* Performs nursing assessment according to professional nursing practice.
* Plans patient care using a multidisciplinary approach and individualized patient care plans.
* Implements planned interventions in a safe and technically competent manner.
* Evaluates outcomes through monitoring of patient and makes appropriate changes in care to improve outcomes.
* Meets teaching needs of patient and family.
* Functions within limits specified by Nurse Practice Act and Title 22.
* Documents patient care appropriately according to policy.
* Provides RN oversight for the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinic
* Supervises the Case Management team specific to Rehab
* Must be knowledgeable of and provide back up for IRF-PAI PPS
EDUCATION / TRAINING / EXPERIENCE:
* Five years acute care nursing experience
* One year charge nurse experience
* Bachelor's degree in nursing or related field
* Two years experience Rehab Nursing
* Recent management experience
* Membership in a professional organization and attendance to conferences regarding management and supervision of employees
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS:
* Current licensure with the California Board of Registered Nursing
* Current CPR recognition
* Certification in Rehabilitation Nursing (CRRN)
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES:
Knowledge of regulatory requirements and quality improvement processes is necessary as well as the ability to successfully integrate these into practice for the assigned unit. Must have knowledge of or ability to learn financial management and reporting, quality improvement processes, and human resources management. Must be able to effectively monitor, evaluate and administer the resources of their assigned area, and make substantiated recommendations regarding resource allocation needs for future planning purposes. Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally both one-on-one and in groups. Must have the ability to lead, motivate, delegate, analyze information and problem solve. Must demonstrate technical competence, professional clinical judgment. Behavior should be reflective of Enloe Medical Center core values. Must be able to fulfill the essential functions of the position.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.