Department: Radiology - Main Hospital
Schedule: Full-Time (temporary)
Hours Per Pay Period: 80
Shift: Varied Shifts
Shift Length: 8 hrs
Days Off: Varied
Contact Information: Marissa Anderson
Under the general direction of the Manager, Radiology and the immediate supervision of the Lead Diagnostic Technologist, performs imaging procedures at a technical level not requiring direct supervision. The Diagnostic Technologist can perform all general diagnostic radiographic exams and may also be cross-trained in other imaging modalities. Assumes responsibility for designated areas as assigned. The Diagnostic Technologist operates X-ray equipment, manipulates digital images, prepares patient's room, equipment, supplies, and contrast media. The Diagnostic Technologist may be assigned the Technologist-In-Charge duties on an as needed basis. The Diagnostic Tech may float to the remote locations as needed.
EDUCATION / TRAINING / EXPERIENCE:
* If performing the Technologist-In-Charge duties, must have one year experience
* Two years experience in diagnostic x-ray in an acute care setting
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS:
* Current full Certificate of Radiologic Technology issued by the Department of Health Services, State of California (CRT).
* Current CPR Certification
* Fluoroscopy Permit (to be obtained within 6 months of hire)** Please note: if employee does not pass their initial exam, which must be taken within 6 months of hire, they will be considered to meet this minimum qualification as long as they retake the exam. The employee will have 6 months to retest and pass the exam. If they do not pass the second attempt, then employment will be separated.
* ARRT certification
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES:
Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of human structure and function, patient care, positioning, principles of radiographic exposure, quality assurance, radiation physics, radiation protection, radiobiology, and specialized techniques as required for a Radiologic Technologist. Must be self-motivated. Excellent communication skills and problem solving techniques are required.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.