Schedule: Part-time or Per Diem
Hours Per Pay Period: up to 30 hours or 60
Shift: Varied or PMs
Shift Length: 10 hours
Days Off: varied
Contact Information: Lauren Cervantes, firstname.lastname@example.org
This position is part of an organized hospital-wide program which promotes the personal safety of employees, physicians, volunteers, patients, visitors, and others having business in the hospital. The Security Officer is responsible for protecting, preventing, observing, and reporting any situations concerning the hospital, and to take appropriate action when necessary
EDUCATION / TRAINING / EXPERIENCE:
• Previous security experience
• College level courses in law enforcement, security, or a related field, or completion of basic law enforcement training
• Hospital experience
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS:
• Valid California Driver's License
• Eligible to be insured under the Medical Center's Liability Policy with DMV Report (and minimum age 21).
• California State Consumer Affairs Guard Card prior to hire.
• Basic Certification through the International Association for Healthcare Security & Safety completed within the probationary period.
• Advanced Certification through the International Association for Healthcare Security & Safety within 6 months of hire.
• Current CPR recognition (American Heart Association-Health Care Provider or American Red Cross – Professional Rescuer)
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES:
Ability to work in a standing position for an eight (8) hour shift. Ability to follow instructions and policy and procedures. Must have the ability to produce concise, accurate, and well-written reports. Must have strong public relations skills. Must be able to respond to emergency situations in a calm and effective manner.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.