Department: Information Services (Core Services)
Hours Per Pay Period: 80
Shift Length: 8 hrs
Days Off: Fixed
Contact: Marissa Anderson
The Network Administrator will support the organization's hospital grade network and Telecomm infrastructure to include VOIP and network security. He/she is responsible for the technical infrastructure of the organizations network in the following areas: 1) In a primary capacity: LAN/WAN (Design, Optimization, QoS, Traffic Management, Storage Network) Remote Connectivity and Security to include VOIP Telephone network support 2) In a secondary capacity: Servers, Operating Systems and Applications. The person taking on this role will be expected to manage their time between operational and project requirements. This person will act as the subject matter expert from an IT Infrastructure perspective to give guidance and set expectations for projects in the areas of scope and giving time estimates for work needed for project completion. This person will assist in escalations that come to the IT Infrastructure team, acting as a bridge between vendors, project teams, organization teams, and management when needed to solve complex problems.
EDUCATION / TRAINING / EXPERIENCE:
- Associates Degree in IT or related field or 3 years' experience in overall Infrastructure technical direction, Core route / switch, Firewalls, Network Security, VOIP, Telephone support
- 1 year experience with Microsoft server Operating systems, Server Hardware / Software, Storage area networks, Network monitoring / stability, and core services.
- 4 year degree in IT related field
- HP Networking or Cisco certification.
- 5 years experience supporting VOIP and data networks
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS:
- HP and/or Cisco level network certification
- California Driver's License
- Eligible to be insured under the Medical Center's Liability Policy with DMV Report (and minimum age 21)
- Proof of current auto insurance coverage (no business exclusion)
- HP and/or Cisco advanced level network certification
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE / ABILITIES:
Ability to configure BGP and OSPF. Ability to configure WAN technologies; MPLS, Frame-Relay, VPN, MLPP, Ethernet circuits. Understanding of power management design for PoE devices, VLAN configuration, trunking, and spanning-tree. Wireless: HP controllers, WiSM controllers, heavy weight & light weight Cisco access point configuration. Ability to properly design a wireless network without dead areas, and with the proper amount of hardware. Manage tasks and projects effectively, providing estimates for completion and monitoring progress against the estimates. Provide responsive communication on progress to project members and management. Collaborate on projects initiated by internal departments.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.