BCOE is simultaneously recruiting for a Senior Financial/Grant Specialist - Fiscal Services. The recruitment for the Financial/Grant Specialist and the Senior Financial/Grant Specialist will be merged for interview and hiring purposes. The successful candidate may be hired from either level.
JOB TITLE: Financial/Grant Specialist – Fiscal Services
WORK YEAR: Full-time/ 12 Months/ 260 Days (prorated based on date of hire)/
7.5 hours per day
START DATE: March 1, 2020
ASSIGNMENT: Oroville, CA
SALARY: Salary Schedule 6A, Range 15, $17.57 - $25.96 per hour, placement dependent on experience. Stipend pay for Master’s $750.00 per year, Doctorate $1,250.00 per year.
BENEFITS: Generous benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision for employee and dependents. Sick and vacation leave accrued. Life insurance for employee. This position qualifies for CalPERS retirement.
HOW TO APPLY: Visit: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1271162
DEADLINE: This position is open until filled. To receive full consideration please apply by Wednesday, February 12, 2020 at 4:00PM.
Under close supervision of assigned management employee(s), the Financial/Grant Specialist performs a variety of technical accounting duties in the review, analysis and adjustment of assigned accounts; audits assigned budgets; prepares, maintains and assures accuracy of various financial records and reports.
The Financial/Grant Specialist classification is the entry-level position in the series. Incumbents work under close supervision and perform moderately complex accounting and bookkeeping duties. The Sr. Financial/Grant Specialist classification is the experienced-level position in the
series. Incumbents work under only general supervision and perform more complex technical accounting duties in the review, evaluation, and adjustment of accounts. The Contract Support Specialist is the advanced-level position in the series. Under minimal supervision, the incumbent performs complex and specialized accounting duties in support of designated funds and accounts.
The duties of the Financial/Grant Specialist are within the skill level of their classification with the option to advance by learning the skills of the Sr. Financial/Grant Specialist classification. They may make suggestions for improvements in the operations of their work group.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS – not in priority order: [May include, but not limited to the following]
1. Assist in the expenditure and payroll testing for fiscal review of programs
2. Assist in the preparation of annual budgets
3. Calculate and post distributions of expenses, including payroll, allocated administration, copy charges, postage, etc., to various accounts given general instruction
4. Determine proper account codes and process transactions using the organization’s chart of accounts and SACS Manual definitions
5. Divide tasks with the work group
6. Examine the general ledger and make balancing corrections or complete inter-fund transfers
7. Maintain balance and accuracy in single purpose resources, funds or accounts
8. Monitor accounts receivable and payables processes
9. Monitor award status
10. Collect and deposit funds using current SACS coding
11. Assist in the year-end closing process
12. Perform additional tasks as assigned to like positions
13. Perform general accounting clerical duties, processing transactions and maintaining complete files and accurate records
14. Provide budget status reports for individual departments
15. Provide technical assistance and training to BCOE staff
16. Research and report inconsistencies or unacceptable variances from specific procedures as assigned
17. Review and process state grant data
18. Review documents for adherence to policies and procedures
19. Provide reporting support to program staff and fiscal managers.
20. Assist with maintaining and reconciling cash accounts, bank statements and revolving fund account.
1. Applicable laws, codes, regulations, policies and procedures
2. Contemporary office methods
3. Correct English usage, grammar, spelling, punctuation and vocabulary
4. Data processing operations related to the maintenance of fiscal records
5. Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy
6. Knowledge and understanding of financial and accounting principles and procedures
7. Mathematics to the level of beginning algebra
8. Operation of a computer and assigned software
9. Oral and written communication skills
10. Principles of financial record keeping
11. Record keeping and report preparation techniques
12. Technology and computer skills with proficiency in database, spreadsheet, and Internet applications
13. Telephone techniques and etiquette
1. Analyze basic financial records and transactions and determine compliance with County Office and State policies and procedures
2. Audit, verify and transfer related data accurately and in a timely manner
3. Complete work with many interruptions
4. Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others
5. Identify problems or issues and determine appropriate course of action within prescribed alternatives
6. Interpret, apply and explain rules, regulations, policies and procedures
7. Maintain confidentiality of sensitive and privileged information
8. Meet schedules and timelines
9. Operate a computer and standard office equipment
10. Pass a bookkeeping skills test given to all applicants for jobs in this classification with a passing score of at least 75%
11. Perform accounting clerical work requiring the application of prescribed procedures and guidelines
12. Perform mathematical calculations with speed and accuracy
13. Perform physical requirements of the job with reasonable accommodation
14. Plan and organize work
15. Serve as a resource to employees and outside agencies
16. Understand and interpret a variety of financial statements, reports and documentation
17. Work independently with little direction
EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
1. Graduation from high school or equivalency
2. Two (2) years of responsible experience maintaining and/or processing financial transactions, preferably in a public sector environment
3. Completion of specialized courses in accounting, financial record keeping or a related field may be substituted for one year of experience
Occasional (less than 25%)
Ability to bend and twist, stoop, and kneel
Ability to lift 30 pounds
Ability to carry 15 pounds
Ability to stand for extended periods of time
Often (25 – 50%)
Sufficient mobility to move about an office
Very Frequent (76%)
Ability to stand and move around an office
Ability to work at a desk, conference table, or in meetings of various configurations
Ability to see for purposes of reading printed matter and observing staff
Ability to hear and understand speech at normal levels
Ability to communicate so others will be able to clearly understand
Ability to operate office equipment
Ability to reach in all directions
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
NOTE: This list of essential functions and physical requirements is not exhaustive and may be supplemented as necessary in accordance with the requirements of the job.
1. To comply with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, all new employees must provide proof of identity and authorization to work in the United States.
2. FINGERPRINTING FOR CONDUCTING A BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION IS REQUIRED (and completed upon offer of employment)
TO APPLY: Visit: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1271162
Online applications only; no paper copies will be accepted. All online applications must be accompanied by the following attachments; (incomplete applications will not be accepted):
• Cover Letter
• Three letters of recommendation required, current letters preferred
Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity/Handicapped IX Employer
Deaf individuals may use the toll-free California Relay Service (CRS). If you have a TTY: (530) 532-5650. If you do not have a
TTY: 1-800-735-2922. Upon CRS connection, ask for 530-532-5785 for more information about this recruitment.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.