Administrative Support Assistant
Mechoopda Indian Tribe Of Chico Rancheria
125 Mission Ranch Blvd.
Under the general supervision of the Tribal Administrative Officer, the Administrative Support Assistant (ASA) will provide general administrative support to the Administration Department. The Executive Administrative Assistant may also provide day-to-day assignments. As part of the Administration Department, the ASA may have access to sensitive and confidential information.
Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the department including filing (physical and electronic), responding to inquiries, and coordinating logistics of the staff.
- Provide support to Executive Administrative Assistant as needed.
- Assist Receptionist with maintenance of office, equipment, supplies, and space.
- Assist with tracking vehicle maintenance and registration.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s degree OR at least one year of experience working in an office setting; OR an equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Thorough knowledge of correct English, including grammar, spelling, punctuation, and editing.
- Ability to use a broad range of technology, systems, and packages.
- Ability to quickly learn applicable policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated organizational skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in oral and written form effectively with diverse client populations including low/moderate income, high risk, and diverse family systems.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working with Native American communities.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with Google suite (Drive, Sheets, Forms, etc.)
- Experience with database software programs (FileMaker Pro, Access).
- Must be eligible for coverage under the Tribe’s vehicle insurance policy.
- Must possess a current, valid California driver’s license. Must provide a current DMV printout and be willing to travel locally, regionally, statewide, and/or out-of-state, as necessary, during or after regular working hours.
- Preference in hiring is given to qualified American Indians in accordance with the Indian Preference Act (Title 25 U.S. Code, § 472 and 473). Applicants claiming Indian preference must submit verification by Tribe of affiliation or other acceptable documentation of Indian heritage.
- Work involves long periods of sitting and may include walking, bending, crouching, stooping, stretching, reaching, or similar activities, and lifting of moderately heavy items, up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete a background check, fingerprint live scan, and pre-employment physical, if applicable.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a pre-employment drug, alcohol, and substances test pursuant to the Drug-Free Workplace Act of 1988.
Do not contact this company in solicitation of any product or service.