JOB DESCRIPTION: MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
CLASSIFICATION: FULL TIME
FLSA STATUS: NON-EXEMPT
BE A PART OF OUR CULTURE!
FAFCO is proud of its values and all of the employees that exemplify their definition. We welcome team players that can support the vision.
Our CORE values:
- Do the right thing
- Go the extra mile
- Be bold in the pursuit of innovation
Are you humble, hungry and emotionally smart? If you are, you’ll fit right in!
- POSITION OVERVIEW
Perform maintenance and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings and other facilities by performing the following duties personally.
Work hours are typically 6:00 AM to 4:30PM Mon-Thurs. Overtime hours and shift changes are subject to the needs of the company.
This position is also on-call for breakdowns outside of regular shift hours.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Performs skilled maintenance and repair of mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and other systems.
- Performs preventative maintenance on all facility equipment
- Maintains all building related maintenance (electrical, plumbing, etc.)
- Assist with installation and implementation of new machinery and processes
- Perform assignments to ensure timely and efficient completion of projects
- Understands and utilizes proactive, reactive and preventative maintenance practices
- Maintains and enables the Total Productive Maintenance program in the facility.
- Communicates well via email, phone and in person
- Utilizes maintenance software to track services to equipment
- Represent FAFCO with a high level of integrity and professionalism
- Supports and maintains excellent working relationships with production staff
- Adhere to FAFCO policies and support management decisions and goals in a positive, professional manner
- ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person and over the phone.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all organization levels; ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proactive communicator. Communicate about issues to enforce clarity at all times.
- Utilize active listening skills when being communicated to.
- Ability to work accurately with close attention to detail.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good time-management, organizational, problem-prevention and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Flexibility to do cross-department tasks to achieve company goals
- Ability to study and apply new information.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness and punctuality.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Basic word processing and computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office software.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required
- Must possess a valid California driver’s license
- Experience as a mechanic or maintenance technician required
- Experience in a manufacturing facility is preferred
- Must have current forklift operating certification or obtain within 30 days – On the job training available
- INTERACTION AND ENVIRONMENT
REPORTS TO: VP of Engineering and Operations
Work areas are inside and outside in an environment with high background noise.
Position involves exposure to fumes/ odors and potentially hazardous materials. Position requires extended work hours.
- MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT USED:
Computer, Copier, E-Mail, Telephone, Voicemail, Machine Tools, Hand Tools, Power Tools, Forklift, Other Vehicles, Production Machinery
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES REQUIRED TO PERFORM ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
SITTING / STANDING / WALKING:
Approximately 80% of time is spent moving around work areas. Balance of time (approximately 20%) is spent working at a desk.
SPEAKING / HEARING:
Ability to effectively communicate with co-workers, customers, and outside agencies, by telephone and in person.
Ability to effectively use a computer screen and interpret printed materials, memos, and other appropriate paperwork.
LIFTING / CARRYING:
Ability to transport up to 50 pounds of supplies and equipment.
STOOPING / KNEELING:
Ability to access supplies and equipment.
REACHING / HANDLING:
Ability to input information into computer systems and retrieve and work with appropriate paperwork, supplies and equipment.